I’m a big fan of morning routines. It’s funny because I hate mornings. I’ve never been good at getting up with the sun. I like my days like I like my humans – aged a bit. I barely know how to interact with fresh life so 2017 has been the year for meeting mornings with a sense of purpose. Here are some things I do to get my morning rolling:
- Wake up but don’t get out of bed for at least 20 minutes. This gives you time to catch up on all the new Snapchat filters for the day.
- Head downstairs and get your caffeine on! If you’re like me, you have a milk frother because lattes are life. (Also – that wench mug in on point and you know it!)
- Desk space is super important! I always have several projects going on at the same time so it’s good for me to have space to spread it all out and see exactly what I’m working with. Between blogging, sketch, and Pilates – there’s a lot to consider.
- I think paper and pad is just as important as a keyboard. Some of my best ideas came from scribble on the page first!
- A good day planner really helps to keep me on track. Perfect time management tool. I’m big into color-coordinated calendar entries 😉
- Flowers. They brighten up any room, including the space left in my brain. They always put me in a good mood. These are from my boo (just cause) but I’m a big fan of going down to the florist – or your backyard- and creating your own bouquet.
What to know: